The new year brings out the inner athlete in all of us. The average couch potato decides to get moving, the weekend warrior steps it up a notch, and the competitive athlete gets a little more competitive.
No matter which camp you fall into, your efforts can fall flat when not supported by a sound approach to nutrition. What you eat, or don’t eat, can make or break your new fitness habits. Here is how to ensure success:
- Be Nice to Yourself
- Ask Yourself if You’re Really Hungry
- Stop Dwelling on What You Shouldn’t Eat
- Eat Whole, Not “Health” Foods
- Move More
- Don’t Ditch (all) the Fat
- Remember omega-3s in fatty fish like salmon, and monounsaturated fatty acids in foods such as avocado and olive oil have been linked to healthier waistlines.
- Make a Plan
- Rework Your Favourite Meals
- Make Changes You Can Stick With
- Follow Your Own Path
- Don’t Forget Calories
- Take Things Slow